- How much of the audio did you understand? (All, Most, Some, None)
- Did reading the transcript after listening or while listening improve your comprehension?
- Write a short summary of Monica's responses.
An interview with Monica on 2020 and 2021. First listen, then read the transcript. Repeat as needed.
1) What are your thoughts on 2020?
2) What are your hopes for the new year?
3) What can we expect from Language Snaps in 2021?
You can expect a lot from Language Snaps this coming year. A lot of our students know us from social media, especially Instagram. On there a major goal of ours is to get more input from our students to make sure that our page is a reflection of them and their learning goals. And yes, we want our Instagram to be something that just helps students reach their learning goals. So we’ll be asking for a lot more input. Questions like which words specifically do you need help pronouncing? What grammar topics do you want us to talk more about? Things like that.
Over on the site, our snaps are going to become more interactive. We’re going to have a lot more discussion questions and vocabulary help, and things like that. We’ll continue to offer our group classes and private tutoring. And another big priority of ours is going to be having workshops. So workshops on so many different types of topics. Topics like how can I become a more affective writer? And topics like how can I speak more fluently? So, yeah, I’m very much looking forward to 2021.
4) And do you have any language-learning goals of your own?