In this video, Christian from Canguro English interviews linguist Adele Goldberg. They talk about topics ranging from how babies learn language to tips for learning a second language. The whole interview is filled with fascinating information. Here are some of our favorite parts:
- 6:00 – 6:58: How should we learn vocabulary? In context or in isolation?
- 7:32 – 8:20 Do you recommend spaced repetition and flashcards?
- 9:00 – 10:30: Is output important? (output is speaking and writing)
- 20:00 – 21:17: Frequency is important
- Why does Dr. Goldberg not recommend flashcards and learning words on their own?
- Why is it important to learn more common words (words with higher frequencies)?